Lease Signing Requirements
Please read carefully before scheduling a lease signing.
When an applicant has completed the application process and has been approved, he/she will be able to schedule a lease signing with one of CAPS’ agents. All financially responsible applicants will need to sign the lease. The lease signings will take place at the office. The following list includes the information an approved applicant will need to know before signing the lease:
- Length of Lease: The lease term will be 1 year minimum up to 3 years. At the end of the lease term, the tenant has the option to renew yearly. At the end of the lease term if the tenant wants to vacate, they are required to submit a 30 day notice.
- First Month’s Rent: The rent amount is required at the lease signing. If the move in date is not on the 1st of the month, the prorated rent will be due the following 1st of the month.
- Inspection Fee: The $295 Inspection Fee is required at the lease signing. The Inspection Fee is applied to a series of inspections that will take place at the property. The inspections before and after the lease term is to compare for the return of the security deposit. Then there will be bi-annual inspections scheduled during business hours for the owner so he will know the condition of the home while it is occupied. (exceptions may apply)
- Security Deposit: The amount of the security deposit is the same amount as the rent and this amount is required at the lease signing. (exceptions may apply)
- Pet Fee: Pets are considered for most properties. The fee is $250 per pet and a $25 rent increase per pet.
- Utilities: The tenant is responsible for all utilities. The utilities must be put in tenant’s name prior to move in.
- Maintenance Policy: The tenant is responsible for maintenance requests made by misuse, negligence, excessive wear and tear, or destructive activities of tenant, other occupants, guests, invitees, pets or others.
- Scheduling a Lease Signing: A lease signing can be scheduled between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The approved applicant will need to be on time and bring the full payment as cash or money order.