- Purpose: TurnKey properties are sold for the purpose of providing investors an easy way to create passive income.
- Our Inventory: We generally have consistently strong deal flow even though our turnkey properties do not last very long. You can contact us at email@example.com or call at 219-629-9231 and ask to be put on our investor list in order to have access to our inventory.
- Lenders: Our properties can be bought with cash or conventional financing. If you plan on using financing, we can provide you a list of recommended lenders.
- Pre-Approval: You should plan to get pre-approved and qualified by the lender prior to moving forward on an investment property.
- Funds Required: Our turnkey homes generally sell in the $100k-$150k range. Using conventional financing, you should be prepared for a 20% down payment.
- Visiting CAPS: If possible, take the time to visit us for a day and learn about our turnkey program in detail. Meet with the staff and tour some of our areas and properties.
C.A.P.S. has been a turnkey provider for several years. Our offices are located in the heart of the midwest, Northern Indiana, not far from the Chicagoland area. This location allows us to reap the benefits of a large working-class population when it comes to placing qualified tenants in our properties. This large rental demand also enables us to see higher rents than other parts of the state, often achieving a rent to value ratio of 1:1 or higher for the investor.
Our turnkey process begins with acquiring the right property. We focus on single family homes in middle-class “B” and “C” neighborhoods. Houses typically range from 1,000-2,000 square feet and consist of 2-4 bedrooms, and 1-2.5 baths. Each home is fully rehabbed and typically includes new flooring, interior paint, and updated kitchen and baths as needed. Any mechanicals showing potential to expire in 3 years are replaced. Overall quality of rehabs can be described as between retail level and rental quality. Once rehab is complete, we market the property for a tenant and typically tenant placement happens very quickly due to our high rental demand. The property is offered to investors and we provide the management services.
What Does a Property Management Company Do?
Management companies deal directly with tenants and prospects, saving the owners trouble and time over marketing their rentals, obtaining credit reports, collecting rent, handling maintenance and repair issues, responding to tenant complaints, and pursuing evictions.
- We Save You Time! We put all of the marketing in place for your vacant properties and handle all calls and emails from prospects. We show your properties 7 days a week to prospective renters.
- We Protect Your Interest! We carefully review all applications to secure the best tenants for you. We check credit, rental history and verify employment and income.
- We Educate Your Tenant! We review then sign the lease with your tenant to insure that they understand their responsibility to take good care of your home and pay rent on time. We also arrange and conduct onsite inspections with picture documentation during the tenants occupancy.
- We Do the Work! We arrange and oversee all maintenance and repairs.
- We Keep You Informed! We understand the need for communication and strive to always keep you up to date on your property. Our management software is web based and allows you to view your accounting statements online. Direct Deposit by ACH is offered to all Owners.
Our Management Services
When taking over an account, we visit the property to assess its current condition. We take photographs and notes to create a permanent record noting the condition of the property including fixtures, appliances, plumbing, flooring, windows and doors. In addition we inspect the exterior of the property. We conduct an inspection of the occupied properties every 6 months to ensure that the property is being cared for.
Tenant Screening and Rent Collection
We work hard to place the best tenants in your homes. Our screening includes a credit check which would show any unpaid judgments or liens, as well as an eviction check, past rental payment history and income verification. Once completed, we review all of the data thoroughly to determine if the prospect qualifies to lease your home. We take rent collection very seriously and our eviction rate is low due to our extensive pre-screening and thorough follow up on rent payments.
Our web based technology allows you to view your monthly accounting statements online from the convenience of any computer.
Areas We Serve
CAPS serves in the Northwest Indiana Region, including all Townships:
We have invested in a web based property management and accounting software system so our experienced team is able to manage your properties with the highest level of service.
Respond quickly and offer excellent service to both owners and residents
At any time, from anywhere we are able to access data about all properties. Records are safely stored in a state of the art data center which is automatically and routinely backed up.
Save time and paper by using email to send monthly owner statements
The statements are organized in a concise and easy to read format that details the performance of your property each month. These statements can be posted to a secure Owner Portal for your review.
Pay you faster each month
Deposits can go directly into your bank account by using ACH (electronic payments).
Market your properties across the Internet, filling vacancies faster
Our integrated system lets us professionally advertise your properties on our web site as well as multiple other housing web sites.
Why buy in NW Indiana?
- Our management company. The financial success of the property will rise or fall based upon the ongoing management. We have been in the property management business for 18 years. We have a great team and proven processes.
- Our rehab process. We focus on making the property mechanically sound, tenant proof, and cosmetically appealing.
- The Northwest Indiana Area. Check out this website: https://www.southshorecva.com/move-to-indiana for more information.
- Low property taxes. Capped at 2% for residential rentals.
- Close proximity to Chicago, IL but conservative values of Indiana.
- More house for your buck. US News places Indiana at #3 in Housing Affordability and #2 in Overall Affordability.
- Less Commute Time. It’s actually easier to commute to Chicago from NW Indiana than it is to commute from the suburbs.
- Lower State Income Tax.
- Great school systems.
- Several top universities nearby.
- Access to Green Spaces. NW Indiana offers 25 miles of beaches, one national park and one state park.
- Accessibility to healthcare.
- Lower cost of living. Indiana’s cost of living is the 5th lowest in the US at 9% below the national average.
- According to Forbes, Indiana is in the Top 10 Best States to Do Business and holds a AAA rating from Moody’s on its general obligation debt. Quality of life (ranked #4) and business costs were also contributing factors to Forbes’ ranking.